Remember last year when you got so motivated to get healthy and lose weight? You were awesome at tracking your calories and working out. It felt great, didn't it? You looked better than you have in years, you had more energy, and you just all around felt better! Yeah, well it's time to get back to that place. It's completely ridiculous the way you've been eating. Time to get it together girl. Got it? Good.
Jun 13, 2013
I posted this on my blog I use to write letters to the kids, but wanted to have it here to so it will be published in our blog book...
I haven't been the best at writing here. To be honest, I haven't been the best at blogging in general, but I know one day I'll regret it if I don't keep up. So, time to catch up a little...
Gavin - Mommy and Daddy CANNOT believe your are 5 AND a preschool graduate. Seven weeks from tomorrow you start kindergarten and I'm just in shock. The last five years have gone so so so fast. You make it so wonderful to be a parent to a little boy. We had a end-of-the-year conference with Miss Linda after your graduation and she had such good things to say about you. You're ready for kindergarten! You've even been reading to us! That makes me so proud as your mommy and as a former teacher. I see you doing things that my first graders used to do and it just makes me filled with joy.
To say you're obsessed with Star Wars would be an understatement. It started from Angry Birds Star Wars, and now, I think it's safe to say you love Star Wars more than Angry Birds. And, it doesn't make you very happy that Mommy doesn't know much about your favorite movie. :) We're going to start swimming lessons again next year and I'm hopeful that you'll finally get it this year. I want you to be comfortable in the water and feel safe when you're swimming more than anything!
Riley - Geez Louise, are you amazing! You are feisty, wild, crazy, goofy, funny, loving.... I can't even put into words how much you keep me on my toes. I love your insane hair! I waited for so long for your hair to come in, and now I can't control it! It's in this in-between phase where it's not long enough to all fit into a pony tail so even when I try to pull it up, it looks a mess. And, it doesn't help that you pull every single rubberband out! Someday... ;)
I've learned to never say never as a parent. One of the things I swore I'd never do was use a 'child leash.' I thought they were cruel....how could any parent put a leash on their child?!?!? Well, guess what, Riley? You just got your piggy backpack harness and leash in the mail yesterday. I swore I'd never use one, and then I had you! You are Miss Independent. You don't want to sit in a stroller...you're not even two and I can't remember the last time I used our stroller. You won't let me hold you...you see Boo walking and want to walk with him. But, you won't let me hold your hand. We've had tantrum after tantrum in public and I know to be out and about this summer and enjoy our outings, I needed a way to keep you say and let you have your freedom. So...we'll see how this leash thing works. So far, Gavin likes walking you around the house! Haha!
I love you both so much! Thank you for letting me be your Mommy. It's the greatest thing I've ever done in my whole entire life!
at 3:01 PM
Jun 11, 2013
When that little man up there graduated from preschool recently, we celebrated with a park picnic with his class. Boy, was it an exhausting trip, thanks to the little girl right here...
Everything he did, she wanted to do....including climbing equipment that was so high I couldn't reach her. She is fearless and makes the trips not very enjoyable for me, but I'm trying hard now to squash her explorations, because I don't want her to be overly cautious like Gavin. I was really glad to see him doing so much at the playground, but even then, he wasn't doing everything that his peers were doing. He's still so careful about everything!
And leaving this playground? Forget it...total meltdowns by both kids, and I had to carry my kicking and screaming toddler while trying to also carry our bag and hold Gavin's hand, across the street to our van. Nightmare. I was sweating and worn out by the time we got home!
But seeing this smile makes it all worth it!
Jun 10, 2013
- Is beyond obsessed with Star Wars...I'm a bit tired of hearing about General Grievous, Darth Vader, the Naboo Starfighter, and all the bajillion other Star Wars terms he uses a million times an hour.
- Is beginning to read and making his mommy and daddy so proud! We are shocked at the things he's reading on his own.
- Loves to ride his tractor and his scooter all around the neighborhood.
- Is starting swim lessons again next week; fingers crossed it makes a difference this year and he 'gets it.' I'm so ready for him to be able to enjoy the pool like other kids his age.
- Is making me eat my words...I swore I'd never use a child leash, and I just ordered one for her. This girl is testing my patience like it's nobody's business! It was either a leash, or I wasn't leaving the house with her anymore.
- Is starting to make small sentences and it's so cute. 'Mama, need help shoes please' or 'Where Boo go? He hiding' are commonly heard phrases around here.
- Eats like there's no tomorrow, but still isn't a fan of most veggies.
- Finally enjoys going to the child care at the fitness center. Woohoo!
- Is super excited about renting a boat two weeks from today when my parents visit.
- Loves that Gavin is so interested in Star Wars!
- Is smitten with Riley...he just melts when he looks at her. And somehow, he gets her to listen better than I can! Not fair.
- Is working out a lot and doing a great job at being healthier. So proud of him.
- Have been working my butt off and am so close to earning a trip to Cancun for Jarrod and me. I am literally dreaming about it...
- Have babies on the brain thanks to our friend, Amy, who announced recently she's expecting triplets! I've been helping her with picking out things she'll need, brainstorming ideas for how to cope with four kids under 3, etc. :)
- Slacked off big time and have gained back the weight I lost last year. Boo!
- Really wish I could afford monthly massages!
at 1:36 PM