...from this moment, we were driving to the hospital!!! We checked in around 8:30, and found out around 9:30 that we were being admitted since I was 4 cm dilated. The family all arrived around 11pm. We walked the halls for a little while, but mostly I stayed in bed. Around 2am, I got an epidural. It gave me such a bad headache so they brought me Mountain Dew...which in turn made me feel like puking! Around 3:45am, my water broke. By 8am, I was 9 1/2 cm dilated. I remember feeling such pain in my hip...they later told me it was because of the direction Gavin was facing. I started pushing around 9:15, and at 9:45am, Gavin Jack Pate arrived, weighing 6 lbs. 10 oz. and measuring a very long 21 1/4 inches...thanks to his major cone head! :)
It's amazing to me how fast time went, yet how long ago that night feels, all at the same time. I remember driving to the hospital, telling Jarrod that it was probably a false alarm and that we were going to be sent home. I remember calling Nick to tell him I needed him to get me a sub for the next day. Tonya answered the phone. All I said was, "Tonya, it's Jen. Is Nick there?" and she said, "Are you in labor?!?!?" :) I texted everyone telling them I was admitted. Jarrod was so supportive and tried to be as helpful as he could, even though he was exhausted. We both were...we'd both worked all day Monday before going to the hospital that night.
Now our little bug is 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment