Pages

Mar 14, 2013

Jen Lately

Ah, what's been up with me lately?  Well, for one, I'm super mad at myself for not blogging more.  I feel like my mind has been racing a mile a minute all day long lately and I can't seem to get anything accomplished; I just constantly add to my 'mental list.'

Gavin's at an age where he's been testing the boundaries a lot and becoming more independent.  That, in turn, means we've had a lot of arguments.  I finally decided that we needed to get back to more structure and less electronics to keep both of us in better moods.  I spend time on Saturday and Sunday planning out our week and meal planning and have found that a lot more gets done when I have things written out.

I've been feeling the urge to be creative/crafty lately.  I keep thinking about all these things I'd love to make and sell in an etsy shop, but I just don't know if anything I'm thinking about is really good enough to sell. I wish I was great at one thing that I could run with. And I wish I had the time to teach myself how to get good at the things I really want to learn how to do.  Someday...

After being in the school to register Gavin for kindergarten, I kind of want to get back into tutoring.  I'm not sure how I'd have the time to do that, though....I am just excited to be a volunteer in the school!  So excited about that.  It felt great to be in the school last week.

I've failed on being healthy, and despite still exercising, I've gained back what I lost last summer, and with swimming season coming up, I have decided I need to get on track with my calorie intake again.  I've now started scheduling my 5am workout...like I said earlier, if it's written down, I'm much better about following through.  This week, I've been good and done all four days!  One more tomorrow.  But, I'm sure after a weekend in Dallas I'll weigh in next week and find that I've gained weight despite this week's workouts.  I'm so glad spring weather is finally back and I can start running again.  I seriously NEVER imagined that I would be saying that I want to get out and run more, but it's crazy how much I enjoy those 3 mile runs.

This past week or so has also been emotionally draining with the big move to California for the Faminis.  It sure is depressing when someone you're so close to is leaving.  Gonna miss you tons, Amy.  Thanks for being such an amazing friend.

Ok, enough procrastinating.  I need to get back to my list and get laundry done, packing started, and dinner on....not to mention I wanted to get out and walk today since it's close to 70 degrees out!  We'll see if I get to that or not.

No comments: