I have to catch up on July photos, and I will...but for now, I want to capture some things that are going on right now. Our world is about to be rocked! Kindergarten begins in just 2 days. TWO!
We went shopping for supplies a couple weeks ago, and he was excited to pick out what he needed. It hit me when we were into the grocery department of Walmart and I got teary eyed...my little boy had just picked out supplies for his classroom! Crazy. Still...I was ok. He was excited, and I was excited for him.
Last week, I had a rough night. I couldn't fall asleep and started thinking about how in just a week's time, my first baby was beginning kindergarten and my second baby was turning two. Way too much for one week! I was ok still...made it through the weekend and Riley's party.
Yesterday hit, and Gavin started complaining his belly was hurting. Jarrod was sure he had a bug, but I knew better. I knew he was starting to get nervous. And it came out at bedtime. We all had a good cry (including a tear from Jarrod) and talked about things he could expect, read a book, and them moved on to finding Waldo. :) I turned off his light and rubbed his back, and he asked me if I could stay with him at his orientation which was this morning. Sweet boy.
Today, he woke up telling me he felt much better. We went to Kindergarten Orientation and met his teacher. He got to put his supplies in his cubby and do a worksheet (on which he said he'd take Riley with him if he was going on a pirate adventure...) and then he got to spend some time with a few new friends and his teacher while we went to a meeting with the principal. He was definitely ready to leave when it was over, because according to him, he was tired from all that walking (on his tour)...we gotta work on his stamina! Lol.
We came home and he had his lunch today that I packed him. Jarrod came up with the idea of doing that so that he could practice using all the containers and opening them. It went really well and I could see how proud he was of himself when figured out how to open some of them. I keep imagining him sitting at a big table in a big lunchroom... He's still so little! {So little, in fact, that the teacher had to move his cubby because he couldn't reach his!}
So, we'll see how Thursday goes. We're going to read The Kissing Hand again tonight, and tomorrow he gets a special lunch at McDonald's. We're going to order pizza on Thursday to celebrate the first day - his choice! And, I'm going to surprise him with freshly baked cookies when he gets home. Hoping all these memories we're making will last forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment