Pages

Oct 14, 2013

Sick Days

We've had a rough couple of weeks around here.  Almost two weeks ago, Gavin came home from school one afternoon with a fever.  Of course, because all kids seem to get sick right before a big event, the timing sucked and he had to miss his very first school field trip.  They were headed to the pumpkin patch and Daddy even took the day off to chaperone.  I felt so very bad for him.  Well, his fever just kept coming and going, and after we thought he was ok to go back to school, I got a call that his fever was back and I had to do my first mid-day pick up from the nurses' office.  He spent a lot of time sleeping...



When we finally got him better (well mostly...he still has the cough!), we were able to head to Costume Carnival at school.  It's events like this that make me love my life even more...I got to spend that Thursday afternoon at school decorating the classroom's booth for the event.  Mrs. R always has the 'Boo-tique Nail Salon' and it was a lot of fun to work my time slot that evening painting little girls' nails.

And, gosh...aren't these little ones so adorable!

Now, we've spent the last couple of days taking care of a sick Jarrod!  Seriously, he rarely gets sick...so when he's down, you know it's bad.  

On a positive note, I've officially earned the trip to Cancun with Tastefully Simple!!

I'll be honest...when I first started with Tastefully Simple, I didn't think earning trips was really attainable.  I assumed only the consultants that were partying 4-5 nights a week earned these trips.  But, I put my mind to it, and work my butt off...and by only partying about once a week, I did it!  Jarrod and I don't even do 'date nights' and now we're getting to go to this amazing resort for three nights, all expenses paid.  I'm so thankful for this awesome company.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd love what I'm doing so much.

Now...if we can just get everyone healthy, we're looking forward to spending a couple days in Kansas City with the kids later this week (thank you, October break!) and we're counting down the days til we drive back to Ohio for Thanksgiving.  So much to look forward to!  October, November, and December are definitely my favorite months of the year. :)

No comments: