Pages

Dec 5, 2014

Day 2: Halloween Party!

After we got back to the resort from Animal Kingdom, we decided we'd rest a little before heading to Magic Kingdom to use our special passes to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  Yeah...rest!  Ha!  There was no resting for these kiddos.  So, into costumes we got and off to Magic Kingdom via our resort's boat.  {So convenient!}


The kids decided that we also needed matching shirts for the Halloween event, so Jarrod was all set in his TMNT shirt and me in my Minnie shirt. <3 font="">

This was officially our first glimpse at the castle at Magic Kingdom!

We decided to walk straight toward the restaurant we'd picked for dinner that night {Harbour House...and how sad that I already couldn't remember where we ate and had to look back at the site to find out??} and on our way ran into the Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party and Parade.  We parked the stroller on the side walk and joined in the party.


That picture up there ^^ was evidence of the first time {yes I said first} I got tears in my eyes on this trip.  Look how mesmerized she was!  It was such an overwhelming feeling of joy that I was experiencing - so happy that we'd finally made the decision to do the trek to Disney.  
 

After dancing in the street, we did make it to dinner and then started our exploring, riding a few rides, meeting a few characters, and trying to take in all that is Magic Kingdom.  WOW! 





 

I'm not even sure Riley knew who Alice was....oops.



Full disclosure...we weren't overly impressed with the Halloween event.  I thought there would be way more trick-or-treating, which is what our kids really wanted to do, but the few places we stopped out were just giving out a handful of hard candies that they couldn't even have.  :(

But, I'm a sucker for a parade, so despite Gavin being hot and grumpy that he didn't get loads of candy, we stayed for the parade.







There was still some time before the fireworks started, and the kids were getting worried they'd be too loud, so despite being so excited for the show, I gave in and we started our way back to the resort.  We were able to see some of the fireworks though while waiting for the boat.

And this one was clearly tuckered out...

And so...while I'm not sure we'd go back to the Halloween event, I was super glad to have those few extra hours at Magic Kingdom because you sure do need a lot of time to make it through that whole place!

No comments: