I don't know if Riley is technically considered a toddler anymore, but she sure says the funniest things! I wanted to write some down so I could be sure to remember them.
After a rather grouchy morning ride to school to drop off Gavin, I told her she probably needed to go back into her room when we got home until she could be happier, and she shouted back that I should go to my room. The conversation continued...
Me: That's fine, Riley. I'll go to my room and lock myself in there for some Mommy Time.
Me: That's fine, Riley. I'll go to my room and lock myself in there for some Mommy Time.
Riley: {instantly cheered up and laughing...} You can't do that, silly. I don't know the password for the iPad!
Another random conversation out of the blue recently...
Riley: Mom, I wish I could have a star right here on my nipple. {Uhh....????}
Another random conversation out of the blue recently...
Riley: Mom, I wish I could have a star right here on my nipple. {Uhh....????}
Me: Why would you have a star on your nipple?
Riley: I don't know. Some girls do. {I'm getting scared at this point...}
Me: What girls do you know who have stars on their nipples?!?!
Riley: Sheriff Callie.
Riley: I don't know. Some girls do. {I'm getting scared at this point...}
Me: What girls do you know who have stars on their nipples?!?!
Riley: Sheriff Callie.
Riley's also pretty obsessed with wedding stuff right now. She'd LOVE to have a wedding dress in her dress up closet. She had a dream one night that she was marrying Gavin, and she wore a white dress with pink birds on it, a really long purple veil, and wore green beads. She has such the fashion sense, right? And then there was this conversation...
Riley: Mom, did you know sometimes, when a girl is getting married, she cries at the wedding?
Me: Yes, I did know that. Mommy cried when she was marrying Daddy actually.
--She paused, and then got really serious.--
Wait, were they happy tears or sad tears???
Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment