Pages

Aug 10, 2015

More from Gulf Shores!

One of the highlights of our whole week was our dolphin cruise.  I saw an ad that offered a great deal so we decided to try it out.  Just as we were heading to the van to drive there, weather alerts came across the radio, talking about threatening weather and the danger of lightning.  I called them up and they said our cruise was still on as of that moment, so we headed east and crossed our fingers.  The weather ended up clearing before we got there and the cruise started!



It was a HOT afternoon, and to be honest, it didn't start out great.  The first hour or so we saw NOTHING, which made it difficult to entertain a certain someone...who was hot, tired, hungry, bored...  Thankfully, she had Baby Ball to talk to. ;)


The captains of our little boat were kind enough to come around and take some family pictures.  I love how they turned out!


And finally....we came across some dolphins, and our amazing crew knew exactly how to get them going!  I've never seen dolphins act like this on other dolphin cruises we've taken on past vacations.  They were having so much fun, playing in the waves from our boat.












On our way home, we stopped at a little diner that was recommended to us for a delicious dinner.  I was sitting at one end of the table and couldn't help but snap a few pics of my crazy family!  We are quite the site when we all get together, aren't we?




I'm not sure if these next two pics were taken that evening or not, but they came next in my folder of pics.  Another storm rolled in and Jarrod and I sat on the rooftop deck watching the lightning while we could.  Something really peaceful about a good thunderstorm!




Still not finished....more coming soon!

No comments: