Pages

Aug 24, 2016

Summer Photo Dump: June Edition

When you have approximately 1000 pictures from the summer, you're going to have to do a 'dump' to get them all on there in a timely manner, right?!  Ha!  So let's do a month at a time...and they're not going to be chronologically in order, but they'll do... ;) 

Before school got out, Riley and I had a lot of Mommy/Riley time.  We did crafts, sang in the carline, and did some running together.  I loved these days...



Daddy's pick for Father's Day this year was to head downtown and do a picnic at a park and just hang out - we played soccer, checked out the flowers and bunnies, did our first attempt at geocaching, and walked around our little town.  It was a great day, and he was really happy on his special day, which is what matters! 

 





We checked a lot off our Summer Bucket List in June, like a visit to Amazeum...


...and we went bowling.  And they both beat me. Seriously. 


Riley continued in gymnastics and loved it.  She became really good, and loved going.  This summer, she moved up from Tots 1 to Tots 2, but we decided to take a break from gymnastics when kindergarten started.  


Some days were so busy that we took naps on the floor... :)


Daddy traveled a lot this summer for work, so we had a lot of sleepovers in Mommy's bed.  I always knew the day would come that this wouldn't be the 'cool' thing to do, and we're beginning to reach that point with Gavin.  He wasn't as excited for this tradition this summer, and only slept in my bed a handful of times. :(  He's growing up...  We went into the airport to pick him up once. Riley especially liked that.  


We had some fun at Target...


....and made Easy Bake Oven cookies.  This batch was actually for Father's Day.


We went swimming with friends any time we were invited.  This time, we were at Will's house.  I'm not sure who had more fun...Gavin with Will, or Riley with his little sister.



 We talked mommy into buying Borax and doing crafts that we found on YouTube Kids app.


I found A LOT of selfies and videos on my phone this summer.  Silly kids...





And we headed to a creek for the first time to some swimming.  We've been to some creeks around here before to find crawdads and get our toes wet, but we've never found one deep enough to swim in.  It was pretty neat, despite the pesky smokers and foul language we kept trying to escape from.  









And once, I was having a really rough morning and the kids were driving me bananas, so we went for a long drive with coffee in hand and a movie on the DVD for them, just so I could get some quiet.  :)


June was busy, and lots of fun.  I really wanted to make the last summer before Riley went off to school memorable.  I wanted them to have a lot of laughs, a lot of memories, and a lot of family time.  I hope I succeeded...




No comments: