Pages

Jun 26, 2009

Back to civilization!

We have internet again!!! :) Slowly but surely, we're getting settled and making New York home. Here's the low-down on the move. The movers came last Friday, loaded the truck in an hour and a half (WOW!) and then took off. Jarrod and I cleaned the house, went to Mitch's to take showers, and then got on the road ourselves. Gavin and Shirley did great on the ride. We made a stop at a rest stop and another at McDonald's, and got to NY in 8 hours. The moving truck came on Sunday, but since our first floor apartment wasn't ready, we unloaded everything into the garage.

On Tuesday, our place was ready, so thanks to Dan and John, Jarrod was able to get all our furniture into our first floor place. It is SO nice to not have to worry about the stairs! We're slowly unpacking boxes and finally went grocery shopping last night. No more eating our for every meal! :) I don't have pictures to post yet, but I promise as soon as things settle a little more, I'll resume our Wordless Wednesday and Flashback Friday posts and add pictures of our new place.

I don't want to post it for the world to see, so if you want our new address, just email me! ~mrspate22@yahoo.com~

Well, back to unpacking and trying to find a vacation spot for next month when the family comes to see us before Gavin wakes up from his nap. It's been a half hour...he should be up any minute! :)

Love you all!

No comments: