Nov 26, 2009
Thankful Thursday
Well, here we are...Thanksgiving 2009. It's the last week of Thankful Thursday, though it may appear again from time to time if there's something I want to show my appreciation for. So, today...I'm thankful for me and my life. This move to New York has shown me that I'm so much stronger than I thought, and that makes me happy. When Jarrod first told me about this move, I never thought I'd survive. I thought of the silliest things that I thought for sure would be huge obstacles to overcome. But the truth is, I survived being a "single" parent for 8 months! I took Gavin to the ER for the first time at nearly midnight alone, and survived. I flew to NY and back with Gavin, without Jarrod there to help me with luggage, and survived. I packed my house up for the move...ok, nevermind...that was totally not on my own! I never would have gotten that house packed up if it weren't for my family, Jackie, Sara, Tori, Lindsay and so many other people that helped me immensely! :) It feels so great to have our family back together under one roof! Absence does make the heart grow fonder, and it makes you appreciate things so much more. I'm so thankful for my husband. He is by far the most helpful man I know! It's not often that you hear about husbands that cook, do the laundry, clean toilets and the rest of the house, and take great care of their wife and son. He's so motivated and so loving. I'm so thankful for my little bug! I can't imagine what life was like before Gavin was born. He's the light of our lives and makes us so happy. As Jarrod says, we make cute babies :) I'm so thankful for my family and Jarrod's family, for being our support and our biggest cheerleaders. I'm so thankful for my friends, both near and far, for enriching my life in so many ways. I have a lot of things to stress out about...I wish our credit cards were paid off; I wish I could lose the rest of this baby weight that just keeps hanging on; I wish my face wouldn't break out so much and I could let me nails grow....but I have so much more to be thankful for, and this year, I've learned just how lucky I am. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I love you :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment