Pages

Sep 4, 2012

Riley's 1st Birthday Photos

We finally got Riley's birthday photos back and I had to share!  I love them so much.



I realized I'm not posting monthly updates anymore, but I still want to keep track of how she's changing.  There are two things about this girl that stand out to anyone that spends time with her....she loves to eat and she is into everything!
 


She loves to carry things around like a purse, and puts everything on her head or around her neck {belts, her pants, Gavin's boxers...}  Just recently, we noticed she's starting to pay attention more to Sesame Street and Elmo, but Gavin was definitely more into it at this age than she is.  As is to be expected with a big brother in the house, Riley spends a lot of time playing with cars and trains, making super heroes fly through the air, and making funny noises for Angry Birds. 
 


She copies everything her brother does, and since he's one of the most loving little boys ever, Riley is constantly giving us hugs and kisses, too.  It's so cute to watch her blow kisses...she even likes to blow them to random people while we're out and about. 



 According to Gavin, Riley is our 'mean child.'  She definitely has a temper and throws a tantrum if she doesn't get her way.  And her nails grow SUPER fast and she is always scratching us!



According to some people, she's a little 'advanced' in the gross motor department....running away from us when she's in trouble, climbing on everything, etc.  She loves to dance now, and turns herself in circles until she's dizzy.  She's a crazy one!
 


At one point during my pregnancy, I was upset when Jarrod had decided he didn't want Savannah to be her first name.  Now that she's here, I am so glad we didn't name her Savannah.  That name just doesn't fit her!  She's too wild, crazy, and strong-willed to be a Savannah.  Riley girl, we love your amazing personality!


3 comments:

Samantha said...

She is too cute! Amelia is Soo crazy as well lol

Mrs. K said...

These turned out great, Jen! Glad to see that Riley enjoyed her cake. =) I also love all the brother/sister shots. Very, very cute!!

Lisa said...

She is too cute! The pics turned out great! I love the one of them kissing. Absolutely priceless!