Pages

Sep 25, 2012

Sometimes....you just gotta dance!

It's hard sometimes to keep in focus the fact that my kids won't be little for long.  My days with Gavin home with me are numbered.  Soon enough, he'll be in school all day, because it is inevitable that he has to grow up.  Some days, we're go go go all day; other days we stay in our pajamas most of the day because I'm so busy here getting things done that we don't even take the time to get dressed.  But, I can tell when I'm doing too much when Gavin asks me to do something in particular.  'Mom, I really want you to ____.'  That's usually my sign that I need to take a break from the cleaning, laundry, organizing, Tastefully Simple business, whiny teething toddler....whatever!...and focus on him.  So the other morning, when he asked if we could turn on some music and dance, the sentimental part of me quickly realized that it won't be much longer before asking his mommy to dance is the furthest thing from his mind.  And moments like these are the reasons I have my camera with me most of the time.  It is moments like this that make me so so thankful for this blog.  Because when he's 16 and probably won't want much to do with me, I'll always have these memories.  So I quickly stopped whatever it was that I was doing, and like all memory-obsessed mamas would do, I grabbed the camera and set the self timer to take 10 pictures at a time.  We blared the music, and we danced.  And we danced.  And we danced!  The pictures are blurry.  My head is cut off in most of them.  I have on no make-up and I'm sporting my robe and some bed-head.  And they.are.perfect.  Love these memories...love my kids....love my gig as a stay-at-home-mommy.  I am the luckiest.

 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Now you're going to make me cry too! One of my favorite things to do with Connor is our dance parties :) I love that he's too young to care and he'll laugh at whatever I do!

Mrs. K said...

Love this! And I completely agree, they grow up way too fast. I think it does us all some good to slow down & focus on the little things from time to time. =)