Pages

Jan 22, 2013

Minivan Mama

I know for some, being a minivan mama is something they do NOT look forward to; I am in the minority.  I have wanted one for so long, but I've been patient and waited until the timing was right.  Well, Jarrod decided the timing was right in December and we started looking to see if trading in his Jeep {yes, the one he had for just 9 months...} was the right thing to do.  We didn't think it was going to work out, but in the end, I finally got my new ride just a couple days after Christmas.  Merry Christmas to me!!
 
Isn't she pretty???
 
 
It really has way more than I ever expected to get in a minivan and will totally spoil me.  Navigation, DVD, back-up camera, heated leather seats, heated mirrors, sunroof, tons of storage...  I love the 6 disc CD changer because I'm able to load kids' CDs, my CDs, and books on CD all at the same time.  I love the back...so much room to keep all my party supplies in there all the time and still have room for the stroller and groceries.


Riley didn't love it as much as the rest of us when we first got it.  She screamed and cried every time we got into it to the point of making herself throw up, so she got to turn forward facing many months before I wanted her to.  She still has her moments in the van when we all wish we had earplugs, but she's getting better.

We already broke it in by removing a seat and the console and folding down part of the back and were able to go pick up a 70" dresser in it.  We definitely would have needed to borrow someone's vehicle if we didn't have it!

I love it so much.  The sliding doors are amazing!  I wish I had them years ago when I was lugging carseats around.  But, I'm just thankful I finally have one and so appreciative of my husband for trading in his vehicle and driving what he now calls the 'Tastefully Simple mobile' {since my window decals are still on the Highlander.}  I think he'd agree it was worth it. :)

 

No comments: