Pages

Jan 31, 2013

30 Things - FINAL Update!

Well, here's the final update.  I didn't do everything, but I'm happy with the progress.  I'm going to add what didn't get done to a new list and try to accomplish them before next year.
  1. Learn to use my new sewing machine and make something special for both kids - This is a work in progress...I'm really enjoying learning my new sewing machine  (I'm crossing this off, even though I still have to finish Gavin's cape.  Both kids are getting mommy-made capes for Christmas!
  2. Crochet Riley a hat {Pretty sure this one won't ever happen.  I tried...I suck at it!}
  3. Complete C25K - Couch 2 5K   Complete!  (Though I hurt my shin in the process and can't run now...but I'm the ice and stretches will eventually help)
  4. Plant an herb garden (or at least one herb!) - I attempted one the Jackie bought for me, but it never did take off.  Now, I've planted just cilantro in a mason jar...we'll see if it grows.  {Yeah, it didn't.  I suck at growing things!}
  5. Create a collage in Photoshop Elements
  6. Make from scratch - a pie, a cake, and brownies {Cake is being made tomorrow for my birthday....so I just didn't get to the brownies}
  7. Have a Mommy-Son date
  8. Cook a turkey
  9. Collect letters to spell PATE for our kitchen - Have the A and the E!
  10. Get a facial (Not technically....but I got a Clarisonic for Christmas and now I feel like I'm getting a facial everyday!
  11. Take the kids to the beach - Trip scheduled for September 30!)
  12. Write a letter to myself to open when I'm 40 {cute idea...but I'm scared I'll forget to open it when I'm 40...still going to try!}
  13. Figure out how to make a DVD of my Flip videos
  14. Go to a drive-in movie
  15. Send at least two 'snail mail' letters/cards each month {thanks for the inspiration, Lauren!} Complete for Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July....slacked in Aug and Sept. 
  16.  Pay for a stranger's meal in the drive-thru lane
  17. Give up pop for a whole month {Much easier than I expected!}
  18. Go on a family picnic {We did this....but it was in our living room!}
  19. Create a survival kit- Not to the extent I wanted, but I do feel better about having some supplies in the closet for when we're hunkered down during a tornado warning
  20. Attend a baseball game - Daddy and Gavin did this, but we haven't done one as a family yet
  21. Organize all our photos - huge task!
  22. Read a 'classic' book - I have a feeling I'll fail this one; I'm just not a classics lover!  I tried twice and gave up.  I'll attempt it again.
  23. Publish another blog book - Done!  And I love it!  If any bloggers want a link to the website, I'd love you to use my referral link.                                                                                     
  24.  Play in the rain with Gavin {and Riley if she's old enough when this occurs} I'm counting the 'sprinkle' we played in...we didn't have much rain this summer!
  25. Start Skyping with friends- This is an easy one!  I just need friends that Skype! :)
  26. Go 'camping' in the backyard
  27. Repurpose something...anything Photos to come!!  I'm so excited about this one.
  28. Send someone flowers
  29. Learn to make bows for Riley
  30. Watch our wedding DVD with Gavin

No comments: