Pages

Feb 5, 2013

Birthday Fun!

Another birthday has come and gone... I had a great weekend of celebrating with my favorite people. :)  Friday, I made my very first cake from scratch.  Not sure why I've never done it before; it was so easy!  Gavin picked the pan...he wanted to use the fancy bundt pan, so we had a chocolate bundt cake.

We headed out to dinner that night at a local place called the Red Onion Espressoria.  I love their food!  We came home for dessert, and Gavin could hardly contain himself.  He made us light candles and turn off all the lights, and he and Jarrod sang to me.  So cute!  Then we had a slumber party in the living room while watching Ice Age.  But...I have to admit.  I feel asleep on the couch before the movie was even over!  I slept on the couch and Gavin slept soundly on a bed made on the floor all night long.  Jarrod was able to sneak into the bed and get some rest; he hasn't been feeling good lately.

I got to spend Saturday at a photography class put on by a local photography.  She does amazing work, and even though a lot of it was review for me, I felt like it was needed to help me have that aha! moment.  Or, lots of them!  Things finally clicked, and I'm excited to get behind the camera more.  I've been in a picture taking funk lately (resulting in a blogging funk!) so I'm sure more pics of the kids will be coming soon.

I'm trying to get back to a more routine and structured day around here.  I feel like there has been so much going on in my head lately that I haven't been as productive as I'd like.  I have all these goals...things I want to do around the house, things I want to do with the kids, things I want to learn, the desire to grow my business more and promote again....but I wasn't doing what I needed to make all that happen.  I'm limiting the tv and computer time around here for all of us and trying to stick my lists better.  I'm trying to be more organized with our schedule, our budget, our meal planning... you know, just trying to be super mom around here!  We'll see how it goes!
 
 

No comments: