When did that little 6lb 10oz little boy that wanted to be carried in a football hold all day long turn into an almost-five year old little boy that just was pre-registered for kindergarten today? On one hand, I can't wait for him to get to school and soak up all there is to offer him because I know how excited he is about school. On the other hand, I wish I could just keep him 4 forever (though...I'd like him to be 4 and napping, not 4.5 without a nap, because I'm so over the attitude and meltdowns that have come with the dropping of the nap!)
There's been a lot of talk around here about what I'm going to do when both kids are in school. I think it came as a surprise to Jarrod when I said I didn't want to go back to teaching full-time. It saddens me so much that I don't miss it like I feel like I should. But, after talking to friends about how much it's changed, I think it's hard to miss it. We still have a long way til Riley's in school, but looking back on how fast these years went with Gavin, I know it won't feel like a long time before I'm registering her for kindergarten, too. I can see myself going back to teaching maybe a part-time preschool class. But I can also see myself doing some sort of a blog, really devoting more time to different avenues of my TS business, and being a volunteer in their school. Tutoring, field trips, that busy work that I depended on my parent volunteers for so much back in my teaching days. I guess we'll see how the next few years go...
For now, I plan to spend the next several months trying to enjoy every minute I have with my boy before he starts spending his days with a new teacher in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment