I just realized I haven't taken a single photograph with my camera in over a month. That's craziness. So unlike me! But we've been so busy lately that I've been snapping shots of everything with my phone! So thankful I have them...but hate that I haven't been using my camera! Time to get better.
What's going on in our little world? Well, a lot. We're finally getting back into a good napping routine in Riley's big girl bed. She's doing really good with potty-training. It's been a couple weeks now, and we haven't had an accident in a few days. Still crazy to me that we're done with diapers. I had no intention of this so soon...all Riley. Little Miss Independent.
Gavin's doing really good in school. Last week, he read two brand new books to me for the first time ever...a first for us! He's read books before, but never a 'cold' read. Big deal!
He's also getting really into coloring (where did this come from?!?!?) and writing stories. Love it! I met with his teacher yesterday about some 'friend' issues we're having and she told us he's really opening up at school, which makes us so happy. I surprised him at school today for lunch. He was so happy, and I love that another friend was sitting right across from us and I got to watch him interact with him. And of course, little sister just wanted to do what he was doing.
We're still doing tennis lessons every weekend. Gavin loves them and is getting pretty good! Unfortunately, Mom and Tot class was cancelled, so Riley and I don't have a class to take right now, but I have been good at sticking to my Tues/Thurs workout schedule so Riley at least gets to interact with friends at the childcare there. She always tells me she doesn't like it there on the way, and as soon as I pick her up, she's smiling and saying, "I had fun!" Silly girl.
My friend, Amy, who was pregnant with triplets, unfortunately went into labor WAY too early last week and had her little babies 16 weeks early. Sweet little Jack didn't make it; his two sisters are fighting so hard right now. We've done as much as we can for them; keeping Harper overnight the first night, taking care of the animals, mowing their lawn... I just can't imagine what they're going through and feel really thankful that our paths crossed six months ago and we're able to be there for them now. One thing I definitely learned with our move...when you're far from home, your friends become your local family!
I'm determined to get a Day in My Life post done next week. It's been a long time since I've done one, and that will help me get back into the camera routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment