Pages

Sep 8, 2014

Off to school!

Oh my goodness.  I can't believe it's time for me to post these pictures!  Somehow, we've sent off our baby girl to her first year of preschool.  I truly don't understand how fast time goes.  One day, I'm crying as I get paperwork in the mail to fill out for sending Gavin to preschool.  I blamed that on being a hormonal pregnant girl!  Now, that baby I was carrying is a preschool pro, according to her.

At the end of August, we went for 'Meet the Teacher.'  She was so excited to wear her favorite fishy dress and she insisted on wearing her glass slippers.

First, we headed upstairs for a meeting and she spent the whole time coloring next to me.  Quite the artist these days!  Then it was time to check out her classroom.  And once we got in there, we could not get the girl to leave!




But of course, when it was time for a picture with her new teacher, she wouldn't crack a smile.  Silly girl.

Now, fast forward a week, and we're ready for our first official day!  She was so excited.  It was a little disappointing to her that I was staying for the meeting the week before.  She wanted me to just leave her there.  So, her first day was a breeze!
Notice anything?  Yep...same favorite dress for her first day of school!  I did talk her out of her glass slippers though.  She walked right in, hung up her backpack, and as soon as she saw Miss M was putting out paint, she was sucked right in.  I wasn't really expecting tears, but I was expecting a little clinging.  Nope...nothing.  A kiss goodbye and she was ready for me to go.




She was insistent that I pack her a lunchbox.  I kept explaining that she wouldn't have lunch at school like Gavin, but she didn't like that answer.  I decided to surprise her and have her lunch ready to go for when she got home from school, in her lunch box of course.  And continuing tradition, she also came home to two new books, some homemade chocolate chip cookies, and she picked our dinner that night {hot dogs and mac n cheese} that she ate on our Star of the Day plate.

Another milestone in the books.  They're all coming so fast these days...

No comments: