I'm completely thrilled/excited/shocked/scared-out-of-my-mind/overwhelmed...but we are under contract!! We asked for a lot from them, and we didn't get all that we wanted. The biggest thing was for them to pay closing costs, and they refused. But, after a lot of consideration, we decided we'd make this work.
We could've waited a year or so and saved some more money for closing costs and the down payment, but in doing so, we'd miss out on the ideal lot we wanted, plus risk interest rates and prices rising even more than they already have. And this neighborhood feels right...I'm so excited about that!
Unfortunately, this new home means a different school for the kids. Of course, Riley won't be impacted as much since she's just starting, but Gavin isn't exactly overjoyed with the idea of leaving the school he's known and loved, and all his friends. I've promised him we will keep in touch with the boys, through soccer and playdates for sure. I know it won't be the same, but I will make sure their friendships continue to grow.
So...here goes nothing. Bring on five months of stress, decisions, second-guessing, planning, dreaming, and anticipation. The Pate Place is going to be amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment