Pages

Sep 1, 2009

So sweet...

So, 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to be Jesse's teacher. He was this adorable little boy that was so lovey and sensitive. Every morning, I would greet the kids with an H - a hug, high five, or a handshake. Most of the girls gave hugs, the boys high fives... Not Jesse. I always got a hug from Jesse. Sometimes in the middle of my lessons...he'd just come right up and hug me while I was teaching. The came to be known by the other kids as my Jesse-hugs. Well, as the years went by and Jesse went from 1st to 2nd and so on, I still got my Jesse-hugs. He'd stop by in the mornings and give me a hug, and say "Have a good day, Ms. Pate!"


When time came for me to break the news to the kids that I was moving, I knew I had to let Jesse know I was moving. I gave him my email and address so he could write me, but he immediately asked how he was going to be able to give me my Jesse-hug each morning. We smiled and said we'd figure it out somehow.


Well, look at what I got in the mail. I'd received a letter from Jesse once already, but I was surprised to see a small package in my mailbox. Inside was the cutest magnet ever. He figured out how to give me my Jesse-hug! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

that is sooo sweet!!