Our coloring eggs experience was a big hit, but it lasted all of 2 minutes. We colored the 8 eggs we had left in the fridge, so I made 8 separate cups for Gavin. We showed him how to put the first egg in gently, but he wasn't so gentle with most of them. He dropped an egg in each cup, made a huge mess, and we were finished! I let them sit in the cups while he took a bath and then took them out to show him the colors. I thought I'd trick him into trying one on Easter by asking him if he was going to eat the eggs we colored. He said 'Yes!' very enthusiastically....then the egg sat on his dinner plate, untouched. :)
Apr 20, 2010
Coloring Eggs
I'm almost caught up on pictures! :) The weekend after we moved here was Easter. Last year, Gavin was pretty small so we didn't do much for Easter. This year, he is all about eggs. Won't eat them, but loves to say 'egg,' hold them, point at them in the grocery, play with plastic eggs, find them... So, I knew coloring eggs would be a big hit.
Our coloring eggs experience was a big hit, but it lasted all of 2 minutes. We colored the 8 eggs we had left in the fridge, so I made 8 separate cups for Gavin. We showed him how to put the first egg in gently, but he wasn't so gentle with most of them. He dropped an egg in each cup, made a huge mess, and we were finished! I let them sit in the cups while he took a bath and then took them out to show him the colors. I thought I'd trick him into trying one on Easter by asking him if he was going to eat the eggs we colored. He said 'Yes!' very enthusiastically....then the egg sat on his dinner plate, untouched. :)
Our coloring eggs experience was a big hit, but it lasted all of 2 minutes. We colored the 8 eggs we had left in the fridge, so I made 8 separate cups for Gavin. We showed him how to put the first egg in gently, but he wasn't so gentle with most of them. He dropped an egg in each cup, made a huge mess, and we were finished! I let them sit in the cups while he took a bath and then took them out to show him the colors. I thought I'd trick him into trying one on Easter by asking him if he was going to eat the eggs we colored. He said 'Yes!' very enthusiastically....then the egg sat on his dinner plate, untouched. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment