Pages

Jul 24, 2011

Last Night

I went to bed last night feeling very frustrated.  I was frustrated because I was still pregnant...I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, and since Gavin was born at 38 weeks, I {perhaps wrongly} assumed she'd be early, too.  But, the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I was with myself for being frustrated!  Why am I being so impatient???  I guess because I'm finishing up the third week straight of having true contractions.  We're not Braxton Hicks anymore, I mean real contractions!  Yesterday I was timing them for well over an hour at 8 minutes apart or so, and then they just stop.  {I admit that was the most sure I've been that it was time...I started adding the final things to my bag.  False alarm!}  Sure, it's hot here.  But, surprisingly, I'm not miserable.  I have a little swelling at times, but I could be much worse.  I'm not in pain.  I have some aches in my back and hips at times, but I actually still feel better than I did earlier in my pregnancy when I was having a lot of sciatic pain.  And it's not even my due date!  I still have a week or so before being 'overdue' - she is still cooking in there!  So, there's no reason for me to be so frustrated!  She'll come when she's ready.  I want to enjoy every day of this pregnancy, because it will likely be our last and I know I'll miss my pregnant belly when it's gone.  I need to, like Tori reminded me, just enjoy being Gavin's mommy right now. {Thanks, Tori....you're a fabulous friend!  Miss you!}  So...no more complaining.  Maybe my assumption that I'll have a July baby will prove to be right this week, but maybe it won't.  We'll meet this baby girl when the time is right.  :)
 

No comments: