It's amazing to me that Riley is 15 months old today. That's crazy! And it's really crazy to me when I think about Gavin at 15 months old. At 15 months, Gavin was just learning to walk, and we were only a month or so into being back together as a family of three after living in separate states for many months. When I realized that recently, I realized just how much Jarrod missed out on with Gavin's infant months. But, anyway...back to the Riles.
This girl keeps us on our toes! We have her check-up Monday and I'll update with weight stats then, but she's definitely growing. She's in size 4 Luvs diapers and wears 12-18 month clothes. Like her brother, her pants always seem to be a little smaller. :) She wants to eat all the time, and especially loves carbs! {No idea where she gets that from!} Luckily her sleep habits got under control and she now sleeps about 11 hours at night and takes one 1.5-3 hour nap in the afternoon.
Riley is our wild one. She runs away when she knows she's in trouble, and she climbs EVERYTHING! Because of her obsession with her blanket, she's had a bruise on her forehead for a little while now because she tries to carry her blanket around and keeps tripping over it; if we put it in her crib, she pulls it back out through the slats. Riley started Mom and Tot class this morning, and now has a busted lip after tripping and hitting the trampoline. Water is one of Riley's favorite things, whether it's in the bath, just washing her hands, or wanting to swim. She knows several words now - mama, daddy, shoes, ball, uh oh, woof, and nose, and she says 'Ga' when I say Gavin. Also, Riley uses the signs for please, more, eat, milk, all done, and help. But....she understands so much more.
According to Gavin, she's our 'mean child' because she does beat him up a little! She likes to scratch and hits him if she doesn't get her way. She's really getting good at the tantrums, too. If she doesn't get her way with me, she puts her hands over her eyes (like she's hiding) or lays face first on the floor. Cute, huh?
But, we do love her! She is going through a Daddy's Girl phase, for sure...she will go to the door and say 'daddy' several times through the day. She loves playing with him on the floor at night, and I love that I can finally leave the house and have a good time without worrying about her being at home screaming! :)
Riley Savannah, you're our favorite little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment