Pages

Apr 7, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I've been putting this blog post off.  Blogging it will just mean it's official...but I guess it's time.

Last month, we said goodbye to our awesome friends, the Famini family.  We knew from the first time we met them, that their stay here in NWA wasn't going to be forever, but I secretly hoped it would be for longer than they were expecting. {Ok, not secretly...they knew how much I wanted them to stay.}  But, ultimately California won and got to have them back.

We did our family dinner goodbyes, and planned one last playdate a couple days before they were leaving.  Of course, schedules were crazy, so we decided to meet for Yum Yos one last time that Wednesday night.  As we were finishing up dinner, Amy called to tell me that Lucas had a fever and Yum Yos was canceled.  Gavin was heart broken, as was I.  But...we couldn't risk spreading germs.

On Thursday, we went over to say our goodbyes, but to minimize the risk of my kids getting sick right before our Texas trip, we kept the visit really short.  I, of course, had my camera in hand, but didn't get the pictures I was hoping for. :(  Here are the last shots I got of the Famini-Pate friends.

Gavin picked out some presents for Lucas before they left, including a two-pack of Star Wars action figures that they each got one out of, so they can always think of each other when they're playing with them.  So sweet.

And then, there are these two...


Don't they make such a cute couple?  Seriously, Caleb really started making the moves on Riley over the last few weeks they were here.  There was a lot of kissing involved!
 



And of course...the real reason we had frequent playdates...so these two mamas could get their time to hang out. :)


We've already had a Skype date and let the kids talk, and we're really happy for the Faminis, but will miss our Sunday night Mama Fu's dinners, Yum Yos dates, and our Pumpkin Patch pals.

Love you guys, even if you're in Cali!

No comments: