One thing you may not know about me is that I'm in a few different 'moms groups.' I think every mom needs at least one group to belong to. They are an amazing resource when you need advice, suggestions, ideas, or just somewhere to vent. Being a SAHM, I truly NEED my moms groups to make it through some days. I wouldn't give up my job for the world, but there are some days where my only adult interaction is with moms from one of my groups.
Only one, however, is a physically group that is local to me. One group is a group of girls I got to know while living in New York, and through the beauty of the Internet, can still keep in touch with through their message board. And the other is a group of moms from all over the country who connect through an online forum. Our kids were all born during the summer of 2011, so it's nice to share experiences with other moms about things Riley is going through, be able to offer advice as a mom with an older child, and form friendships, even if they are all 'cyber' friendships. Some people don't get the online group thing...but I can't imagine not having them.
Not so long ago, another mom, Lauren, in the 'summer moms' group shared with us some shocking news. At only 29 and with a 15 month old baby boy, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Fast forward 6 months or so, and here we are. Lauren has been going through chemo and has had a bilateral mastectomy....and as you can imagine, medical bills are piling up. {As crazy as it sounds, in this group of just over 100 moms, Lauren isn't the only one fighting cancer!} You can read more about Lauren's journey on her blog: http://www.dancingbackwardsinpinkheels.com/
I was honored when one of Lauren's friends, who also happens to be a 'summer mom' from our group approached me with the idea of a Tastefully Simple fundraiser. You all know how much I love my business, our products, and our company. And I especially LOVE when I get to do fundraisers. Doing a TS fundraiser allows me to help out more than I'd otherwise be able to, and for that, I am grateful.
I was honored when one of Lauren's friends, who also happens to be a 'summer mom' from our group approached me with the idea of a Tastefully Simple fundraiser. You all know how much I love my business, our products, and our company. And I especially LOVE when I get to do fundraisers. Doing a TS fundraiser allows me to help out more than I'd otherwise be able to, and for that, I am grateful.
So, want to help? I'll be posting a fundraiser video in the few days hopefully, but for now, here's a direct link to Lauren's fundraiser. Thank you for your order, and your support! We're cheering Lauren on as she kicks cancer's butt!
No comments:
Post a Comment