When that little man up there graduated from preschool recently, we celebrated with a park picnic with his class. Boy, was it an exhausting trip, thanks to the little girl right here...
Everything he did, she wanted to do....including climbing equipment that was so high I couldn't reach her. She is fearless and makes the trips not very enjoyable for me, but I'm trying hard now to squash her explorations, because I don't want her to be overly cautious like Gavin. I was really glad to see him doing so much at the playground, but even then, he wasn't doing everything that his peers were doing. He's still so careful about everything!
And leaving this playground? Forget it...total meltdowns by both kids, and I had to carry my kicking and screaming toddler while trying to also carry our bag and hold Gavin's hand, across the street to our van. Nightmare. I was sweating and worn out by the time we got home!
But seeing this smile makes it all worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment