Pages

Mar 6, 2014

Goal Update

What good are goals if you don't monitor how you're doing, right?  I decided to check out my goals for 2014 and see how things are looking...

1. Become a healthier person and role model for my kids - I think this one is going well!  The 30 Day Health/Fitness Challenge was very motivating and Jarrod and I are both making better choices and working out a lot more.  
2. Spend less on our grocery budget - I'm not so sure on this one....I have been bad about keeping our numbers so I could look at them.  I need to do better...

3. Be a gentler mom and raise my voice less. -  I think this one is a good one....but I guess I should ask Gavin to see his thoughts, huh?  :)  I feel really good about it though.  There are times when he says, 'You're not supposed to raise your voice!' and I have to remind him that I'm not yelling, I'm being stern with him when he needs it.
4. Call/text/FaceTime the people I love the most more often - Still need to do better on this one!
 
On top of some resolutions, I love to make a 'bucket list' if you will.  I started with my 30 Things to Do While I'm 30 list and there's something really rewarding about crossing things off the list.  So, here's my list this year...14 things to do in 2014!
 
1. Road trip to Kansas City
2. Read 6+ books - two books down!
3. Earn the consistency bonus every quarter with my business
4. Learn yoga - two weeks away from finishing my first yoga session!  I am loving it!
5. Run a 5K
6. Make DVDs of my Flip/iPhone videos
7. Overhaul my craft closet
8. Sew something for myself to wear
9. Promote to Team Mentor by the end of 2014
10. Redecorate the playroom
11. Paint something on canvas 
12. Create and implement an allowance system for Gavin
13. Have family photos taken
14. Surprise the kids with a trip somewhere
 
Eeek....need to do better on my list!

No comments: