Pages

Feb 6, 2016

Christmas Eve Shenanigans

We started off our unseasonably warm Christmas Eve with a surprise FaceTime call with our favorite little baby, Connor!  How cute is he?!


And then, it was time to introduce the kids to some classic Christmas music...NKOTB!  We rocked out while decorating cookies, which the kids loved despite our cookies turning out oddly shaped and completely flat.  I am NOT a baker...let's just get that straight.




Phoebe really wanted to try a cookie, too.  Sorry, Phoebes.


Time for some posed pics by the tree!  Our lighting is never great in the living room, but I still love these.  Once again, they just look so grown up!





I snapped this little picture as we ate our Christmas Eve dinner and loved it because you can see all our family and friends behind us.  I first started hanging our Christmas cards in the window several years ago and needed one ribbon.  In 2014, I had to add a second ribbon.  This past year, the third ribbon was hung up.  It just keeps growing!  It's one of my favorite parts of our Christmas decor - I love seeing our favorite family and friends with us every day during the Christmas season.



And one more posed picture. :)  We tried to get Phoebe in it, too, but that was near impossible.  I can't believe how thin Jarrod's face looks these days.  This crazy race training has really helped him lose some pounds!





 Next up...presents!  We open our presents from one another on Christmas Eve night. This was a good year.  I really tied to encourage the kids to think about what Jarrod would want and what they wanted to give one another.  They did great!  Gavin picked out a foam roller for Jarrod and some Legos for Riley.  Riley really wanted to give her Daddy a 'blankie.'  I thought that was adorable, so we went and picked out fabric together and sewed him a blankie to sleep with.  So special!  And, she picked out a tabletop foosball game for Gavin since he fell in love with foosball on vacation this past summer.  Of course, the BIG gift for them this year was that they got their own iPads.  That was a HUGE step for me to agree to, but they've really been wonderful.






The kid played while we made cinnamon rolls for the next morning (which turned out fabulous!  Definitely worth trying the Alton Brown recipe).


And then, it was time for 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and the sibling sleepover!



Of course, I'll always think about what the family is doing on Christmas Eve in Cincinnati and have wonderful memories of our traditions there growing up.  But, I sure do love our quiet, low key Christmas Eve here in Bentonville.  I'm so proud of the memories we make with the kids each year. :)

No comments: