Gavin woke us up around 6, as usual, on Father's Day. I went in to get him and got the gifts that had been hiding under Gavin's bed for the past couple weeks. He carried one into Jarrod and said, "Here you go, Daddy." I told him to tell Jarrod "Happy Father's Day," but he ended up spending the day saying, "Birthday to you, Daddy."
I made breakfast for Jarrod - biscuits and gravy with sausage and coffee. Then we headed to
Walmart for some groceries and spent the rest of the day at the house.
It's HOT here in NW Arkansas - temperatures have been in the 90s and are expected to continue to be around 95 for the next 10 days with little chance of rain. So, after Gavin woke up from his nap, we headed out to keep cool in the new pool Mimi and
Beepa bought for Gavin.





Shirley has her own pool so her claws don't puncture the inflatable one. :)

After the pool, we grilled out steaks, baked potatoes and corn on the cob and spent some more time playing in the front yard. Gavin and Daddy golfed while I read my book. Then, it was ice cream sandwich time and into the tub for Gavin.
I think we had a great day, and I hope Jarrod thinks so, too. :) Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment