You may remember a while back I talked about starting potty training. Yeah, that wasn't going over so well. Gavin never wanted to sit on it, and I didn't force him. I knew that this was ultimately going to be his decision and on his time. So, yesterday, when he kept trying to take his diaper off, I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty, full expecting him to say, "No, Mom!" but he said yes! So off we went, and HE WENT POTTY! I couldn't believe it. We couldn't wait to tell Daddy when he got home.
Gavin got a chocolate chip for going in the potty. When he asked for more, I told him he only could have a chocolate chip when he went potty, and he of course wanted to go again. I think he peed in the the potty 3 times in the 10 minutes because he wanted more chocolate chips. But, it seems to be working. All day yesterday, we went through one pull-up. I put a diaper on him at
naptime, and he woke up soaked, which I was expecting. But, so far this morning, he's kept his pull-up dry! When did he get so big???
And yes, I took pictures! Don't all moms take pictures? :)

Yes, in this photo, his potty is in our room. I wasn't expecting him to want to sit on the potty, so I tried to
encourage him the first time by bringing it to him so he could still see what was going on with Handy Manny. :)
1 comment:
Good job Gavin! You're ready for pre-school!
Post a Comment