Pages

Apr 23, 2012

Just rambling...


I don't have many new pictures to post, but have lots to say, so I'm just going to ramble.

First, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend.  I can't believe we've married for 6 years already.  Time is flying by.  I got to thinking this weekend....
  • 2006 - married
  • 2007 - bought our first house
  • 2008 - had Gavin
  • 2009 - moved to NY
  • 2010 - moved to Arkansas
  • 2011 - had Riley
Wonder what will happen this year?  I'm guess this will be our 'easy' year because I don't anticipate any moves and I know there won't be any babies!  We did a ton around here this weekend.  Mulching, planting, cleaning, shopping for Gavin's birthday party, etc.  We ended up going out to eat Saturday and Sunday, which was nice on the kitchen, not so much on the wallet and the waistline.  Oh well...  I love you, Jarrod.  Thanks for being such an awesome husband and father.  Can't wait to see where we end up after another 6 years (because I sure as heck didn't expect to be in Arkansas after the first 6 years!)

On another note, I'm rather proud of myself with my running goals.  I made it a goal to complete the C25K program this year, and I'm almost there.  I've kinda lost track because I deleted the app...it was all screwed up and driving me nutty.  But, I know when I deleted it, I had three weeks left - a week (7) of 25 min runs, a week (8) of 28 min runs, and then a week (9) of 31 min runs.  This past week, I did a 28 min run (I think it was my first day of week 8) , and then yesterday, I decided to push myself and did the 31 min run!  So, my goal is to complete 5 more days of 28-31 min runs and I will say I've successfully completed C25K.  Now I just have to sign up for a 5K!  I also joined My Fitness Pal and am starting to track my calories.  It's been eye-opening...I use A LOT of creamer in my coffee, and though I tried cutting back and even mixing two kinds (so I use less calories overall), it's just not the same and I think I'd rather do some cardio each day than give up my 2 (or 3) cups of coffee each morning.  I love that morning coffee!

We're in full Angry Bird party planning mode here.  I feel a bit bad about it...Gavin was very insistent on who he wanted to invite to the party, so I invited just who he said, and so far, we only got 'yes' replies from 3 kids.  So, I think it's going to be a rather small party, but I hope with all the Angry Bird decor and games, he'll still have a blast.  I can't wait til Saturday!  Thanks the etsy, the house is going to look awesome.  

Ok, back to work...I have a bunch to do today and need to squeeze in a workout since I had 3 cups of coffee this morning.  :)
  
 

No comments: