Pages

Apr 24, 2012

Time for CIO?

I've known for a long time that we'd probably do cry-it-out with Riley, but I've been torn on when to start.  She's sleeping like crap, but still...  I'm sure her crying will keep up/wake up Gavin.  I must admit that I love nursing her to sleep and watching her little eyelids flutter.  Jarrod still loves having her come in and snuggle with us through the night and if she's going to be our last baby, I don't want to rush that.  But, we ended up starting on a whim last night.  

She fought sleep for her nap and bedtime so so so bad on Sunday.  I think I spent nearly 2.5 hours nursing her, rocking her, bouncing her, rubbing her back, etc. just trying to get her to fall asleep between nap and bedtime.  Then last night, the same thing started and since Gavin was awake and I had so much to get done, I just started.  I went in at 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, etc. progressively increasing the time in between visits.  Jarrod went in a couple of times, too, and finally, after 55 minutes, she gave in and fell asleep!  


She woke up twice last night to nurse, and today her nap went pretty well.  She cried for 2 minutes, then played in her crib for 10 or so, and cried for 3 more minutes.  I went in and rubbed her back, then she cried for another minute before falling asleep.  I guess we'll see how tonight goes!

No comments: