Pages

Jan 6, 2014

Date Night!

One more December post before I can move on to 2014...

It was a year ago when I took Gavin on our first mommy/son date to see a play at the Walton Arts Center, so I guess we've made a mommy/son date a December tradition because we headed out in mid-December to see another play this year.

This time, it was a play by the local children's theater, but as soon as I heard they were doing a Christmas performance of Junie B. Jones I knew I had to take my Bug.  We love reading those books together.  Of course, the play was the week of our big winter storm so I was nervous all week that we'd have to miss it, but luckily it was just a cold, rainy evening the night we went.

Despite being freezing, I made him take a quick pic with me before we headed in.  I hope I can steal kisses like this from him for a long time to come!


The play was really cute and we saw a few different friends there.  My favorite part was when he wanted to sit on my lap.... I just sat there taking it all in.  This little guy is growing up so fast and one day he won't fit in my lap anymore...

After our play, we stopped for frozen yogurt at a new(er) place in town.  We both agreed it wasn't our favorite.  Guess we'll just stick to Yum Yos!
 
We headed home rather late (8:30!!) and Gavin fell asleep in the car.  Another perk of mommy/son date night - I got to carry my sleeping boy into the house and lay him down for bed.  That's one way to melt mommy's heart!
 
Unlike last year, Riley was big enough to have a little daddy/daughter date of her own this year.  So, while we were gone, Daddy and Riley snuggled up with pajamas, popcorn and, of course, glass slippers on (just for Riley!) and watched Cinderella together.  Aren't they adorable? :)

Riley was so excited about her Cinderella date that she wore her glass slippers all day!


I'm looking forward to many more mommy/son and daddy/daughter dates in our future!

No comments: