Just before we fell asleep on Friday evening, Jarrod hopped up to check the monitor because he thought he heard one of the kids. I glanced over, and we quickly realized Gavin was throwing up all over the bed. Fun stuff. It was a long night, but by Saturday evening he seemed completely fine!
Sunday comes. We run some errands and Gavin wants to go out to dinner. He was obviously feeling better! Mama Fu's and Yum Yos is always a family favorite here. Fast forward to after 11pm when we jump out of bed again because Gavin's crying. This time he has a fever and is coughing like he has croup. Blah. I set up camp on the couch and he and I sleep in the living room. I kept him home from school this morning and while still coughing some, he otherwise seems ok. Playing with his sister, wanting to eat, etc. I know he needs to rest, I know he needs to nap! He looks exhausted and goes in for his nap without arguing. But, an hour later, he's still awake and wanting to know when he can wake up. Um, not an option, dear. You need sleep! So...I took matters into my own hands. Literally. I picked him up and rocked my baby boy to sleep. Gosh, I love this kid.
Sunday comes. We run some errands and Gavin wants to go out to dinner. He was obviously feeling better! Mama Fu's and Yum Yos is always a family favorite here. Fast forward to after 11pm when we jump out of bed again because Gavin's crying. This time he has a fever and is coughing like he has croup. Blah. I set up camp on the couch and he and I sleep in the living room. I kept him home from school this morning and while still coughing some, he otherwise seems ok. Playing with his sister, wanting to eat, etc. I know he needs to rest, I know he needs to nap! He looks exhausted and goes in for his nap without arguing. But, an hour later, he's still awake and wanting to know when he can wake up. Um, not an option, dear. You need sleep! So...I took matters into my own hands. Literally. I picked him up and rocked my baby boy to sleep. Gosh, I love this kid.
Nap {and Mommy!} for the win.
~I hope he lets me rock him for a long time to come.~
~I hope he lets me rock him for a long time to come.~

1 comment:
So sorry he's ill. That's never fun! :(
Post a Comment