The first Christmas Eve sleepover was a success. Gavin started waking up asking for water starting around 5am, and he made it til about 5:40 before he just couldn't take it any longer and wanted to come out. So, by 5:50, we were all up and ready to see what Santa had brought!
I didn't take many pictures on Christmas morning. We just enjoyed opening gifts and seeing all the exciting things the kids received from Santa. Riley's big gift was a dollhouse and Gavin was surprised with lots of Legos and a new chair for his Lego table, among other things.
We made our homemade cinnamon rolls, which made a TON and were beyond delicious. So so so good! Here's the recipe I used: http://temptingthyme.com/2013/03/31/cake-batter-cinnamon-rolls/ and we used this idea for our frosting: http://servinguplove.blogspot.com/2013/10/serving-up-breakfast-cinnamon-roll.html?m=1
We decided to give the movie theater a shot and take Riley to her first movie. On our way, we stopped by a fire station to deliver some of those cinnamon rolls because we surely didn't need to keep so many for ourselves! We saw Frozen, and let me tell you, I think I loved it more than the kids! I am excited about maybe making both of those things part of our new Christmas Day traditions - delivering cinnamon rolls and a family movie!
We decided to give the movie theater a shot and take Riley to her first movie. On our way, we stopped by a fire station to deliver some of those cinnamon rolls because we surely didn't need to keep so many for ourselves! We saw Frozen, and let me tell you, I think I loved it more than the kids! I am excited about maybe making both of those things part of our new Christmas Day traditions - delivering cinnamon rolls and a family movie!
The rest of the day was spent playing with all our new toys, watching Christmas movies, and making pizzas. So much fun and so many wonderful memories. I love these little ones so much. <3 font="">
3>
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment