Pages

Sep 19, 2011

Operation Baby Weight!

It's time to get serious.  I have to get the baby weight off and my body back in shape! Jarrod and I are about 95% sure our family is complete...ok, honestly...Jarrod's 100% sure, I'm 95% sure.  So I figured there is no reason to be dragging my feet right now.  There's NO reason why Riley is going to be 8 weeks old tomorrow and I still wear maternity pants most days.  {Really there are two reasons...I can't fit into most of my pants yet and maternity pants are comfy!}  But, I'm motivated now.  I have to run with it.  It's time to get cracking!  


Weight is just a number to me.  It doesn't really bother me to share, and tracking my progress here proved to be really motivating last fall when I did so well losing some extra pounds I wanted to take off.  So, I'm doing it again.


When I got pregnant with Gavin, I weighed 132lbs.  My goal was to be at least to that weight again before getting pregnant again, but that didn't quite happen.  I was 138lbs when I got pregnant with Riley.  I gained 35lbs with her pregnancy, topping off at 173.  I lost 21lbs quickly, but then never lost much more...currently, I'm at 153.  My plan isn't to weigh myself weekly and post those numbers or anything.  I just am going to update periodically.  But my goal is to eventually get down another 28lbs and get to 125, which is closer to where I was when I got married.  


So, here's my plan of action.  Today, I'm going through my closet to get a lot of the maternity clothes out of there.  If I don't have much to wear, I feel like I'll stay motivated!  I plan to try to walk, do yoga, or do an Exercise On Demand workout everyday.  I'll do crunches with Jarrod at night before bed.  And, lastly, since it takes an insane amount of time for our water to get hot in our bathroom (which drives me crazy because of all the water we waste) I put a set of light weights in there and I'll do some basic biceps/triceps/back/shoulder exercises with them.  And somehow, I have to learn to control my sweet tooth...  That's going to be the tough part!


Wish me luck!
 

No comments: