For the year and half we've lived here, I've been telling Jarrod I wanted to take a trip down to the Botanical Gardens (about 25 mins away). Finally, we made the trip earlier this month! We woke up and had a family breakfast at Chickfila, only to come out to find it looking like rain. But, we decided to head south anyway!
The Gardens were really pretty, but not at all what I expected. I was imagining the Botanical Gardens back home, where we had our maternity photos taken during Gavin's pregnancy. This place was set up differently, and much smaller. But, it was still beautiful. I love some of the pics I got. Of course, Gavin wasn't the most cooperative when it came to getting his pic taken. He's like his father...
Gavin loves to walk on things like a balance beam now. And I love to hear him say to himself, 'Airplane arms for balance!' like he learned when he took Fit Kids. :)
Climbing up to the 'birds' nest.'
There was a tunnel to crawl through in the Children's Garden. But as Jarrod started to go through (thinking Gavin was following him), Gavin decided he didn't want to try, so Jarrod backed up.
Love the color on this bridge!
We'll have to go back because we didn't get a chance to finish walking through. We got about half way around (it kind loops around) and the rain started. We ran to the entrance where there was thankfully a tent that had been set up for a wedding that night. Once it slowed down we ran to the car. Fun memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment