Perhaps my
favorite part of Halloween is the pumpkin carving. It brings back so
many memories...sitting on the kitchen floor with table clothes and
trash bags to contain the mess, carving with my parents and sister. For
some reason, I can remember one particular Halloween with our puppy
Bandit there, sticking his head in the pumpkins. {I have no clue why
that one sticks in my head considering the short time we actually had
that dog.}
My most favorite part of carving the pumpkins is digging out the guts....Jarrod thinks I'm crazy because it completely grosses him out, but I can't wait to stick my hand in there and grab the seeds. Last year, Gavin begged for the Cars templates he saw at the store and we used the Mater stencil to carve a pretty cool pumpkin. This year, we used another from the set, and with the help of a battery operated knife, we carved King! It didn't turn out quite as well as Mater last year, but it was still fun. We donated our other pumpkin to the preschool and Gavin's class decorated that one, so we only carved the one pumpkin this year.
Gavin loved watching us get started, but quickly grew bored and kept asking if we were finished yet. Riley was a perfect angel and sat in her bouncer watching the whole time. I can't wait until the kids are old enough to carve with me. I love creating these fun family memories together!
Gavin loved watching us get started, but quickly grew bored and kept asking if we were finished yet. Riley was a perfect angel and sat in her bouncer watching the whole time. I can't wait until the kids are old enough to carve with me. I love creating these fun family memories together!
No comments:
Post a Comment