Now that Riley is so mobile, it makes showering more difficult. I can't sit her in the bouncer; she is way too big for that now. I was letting her just sit on the bathroom floor and kind of crawl around, but when she started pulling up, she'd stand up at the shower door, and then not move when I was ready to get out, so I'd have to slowly open the door until it knocked her down so that I could squeeze out. Not good... So, a couple weeks ago, I got the bright idea to put her in the pack-and-play. I took out all the big stuff (since it's used mostly as a toy storage these days!) and put her in there. I told Gavin I was going to shower, and just to play in the living room so she could see him and she'd be fine.
Just as I was getting into the shower, he comes in to tell me he put her 'table' in there with her. He was referring to her activity table, so I rushed out to make sure she was ok and then gave him a little talk about how he was trying to help, but that it wasn't a safe choice because it could have hurt her head if he had dropped it on her, yada yada yada. I thought I'd scared him enough...
Fast forward to the end of my shower. I'm just about to get out and he comes in to tell me he gave Riley her 'green thing' and a few more toys. I asked him what he meant and he bolted out of the bathroom, which was definitely a sign that he'd done something wrong. So, I jumped out of the shower, and came out to the living room.
See that tiny little space in the top left corner. Yep...that's where Riley was, and ALL of the big things I'd taken out he'd put back in! This included stuffed animals and dolls, her pillow, my moby wrap, and more. She couldn't move at all and was just sitting there crying. Needless to say, he got another talk, or more of a scolding, and sat in time out for not listening to mommy and putting his sister in danger.
1 comment:
Ha!!! Thats what I still do with Rilynn. Im stuck in the shower until I bump her over!!
Post a Comment