We're all battling sickness here. Jarrod's been coughing for well over a week and I'm beginning to think I need to find us a doctor here. I didn't feel the greatest yesterday, but I think that I'm just tired from "working" the last couple of days :) I am babysitting Alex and Stephanie's kids a few days this month while she has training for work. After Gavin woke up from his morning nap yesterday, he was really cranky and just not himself. He cried really hard while I changed his diaper, and though he didn't have a fever, his gums were swollen from some new teeth coming in so I gave him some Tylenol. Afterwards, we snuggled on the couch with Dog-Dog and watched Sesame Street with some goldfish and juice....what better treatment is that? :) {And he did end up with a fever yesterday, but was acting totally fine and seems good this morning.}
Lastly - what has Gavin learned lately? He is a pro at animal sounds now; he knows cow, horse, pig, dog, cat, monkey, turkey, bird, snake, tiger, alligator (snap, snap), duck....I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but you get the idea. He knows how to snap his fingers....crazy, huh? He can now open all the doors in the house, so he tries to help himself to the pantry for crackers and pretzels. When I open the door to let Shirley in and out, he says "brrrr" yet he wants to go out and play :) He loves playing hide-and-seek, and thanks for Grandma, he now says "Are you?" when he's hiding....his version of "where are you?" He's growing so fast...and we're loving every minute. Someday I know I'll go back to teaching, but for now, I'm so happy that I'm not in the classroom everyday and I get to spend everyday as Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment