The day started out a bit rough for me. I'd made the pea salad the night before, knowing I'd have to make Grandma's cole slaw on Thanksgiving morning. Well, I guess because I went to bed with it on my mind, it made me dream about grandma. She was here helping me make the cole slaw. :) It was great to see her in my dreams, but it made me wake up sad, knowing it was our first Thanksgiving without her. Luckily, I had lots of hugs from Jarrod and Gavin to make me feel better.
We made some coffee, enjoyed the parade with Gavin (you should have seen how excited he was to see the Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba floats!), and then got started on the cooking. I made the cole slaw (yummy!) and Jarrod made a new mac and cheese recipe. (Yes...it's really mac and cheese....with lots of bacon and onions on top!)
Then, we headed to John and Erin's. The weather was surprisingly nice! John, Jarrod and another manager, Dan, spent much of the afternoon hanging outside, while Gavin and I played inside with Erin. Gavin was lots of help...he took all their bowls out of the cupboards!
We got the table set, and Gavin kept himself busy playing the drums with the silverware and dishes. He was having a ball! I took a ton of pictures, but most of them turned out blurry.
And, here's the gang around the table. They look thrilled, huh? John's hiding in his hoodie; Jarrod isn't even looking... Boys....
And lastly, just a couple cute pictures ~ a family shot, and one of Gavin and his mama. :)

We ate entirely too much. Gavin, of course, didn't eat much of anything. Oh well...his time will come when he'll realize how much his family loves food! We were exhausted when we got home. I got both my boys in bed by 7:45 (that's what happens when you have to be up at 2am for Black Friday sales at Sam's!) and I spent the evening watching the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends on the couch. A great ending to a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment