Pages

Feb 5, 2010

6 Weeks Later...

It occured to me when I got Gavin out of his crib today, that the Bert and Ernie dolls I searched everywhere for so he could have them for Christmas never get played with. There Bert was, hanging out between the crib slats.....poor Ernie has been in the toy box with The Count for weeks. Good thing I literally searched everywhere for them.

Then I realized it's been 6 weeks since Christmas, and started thinking about all his toys. There are some that he still really enjoys and we play with regularly.
  • The Table and Chairs - these were mine when I was little, and Gavin loves them! He eats his snack there (if it isn't a messy snack) and loves to climb on it.
  • The ABC Nesting Blocks are very popular. We build with them daily and he likes to identify the letters. Funny that these weren't even on his original list of gifts to receive. Jarrod and planned out what we were going to buy, but I saw these 50% off at Target and had the have them. The bright colors and educational value of them appealed to the teacher in me.
  • The shopping cart courtesy of Mimi and Beepa. LOVES IT!
  • Ball Pit from Aunt Rosi - this became a lot more fun after the extra balls mommy found. Mommy, on the other hand, doesn't think it's much fun putting 200 balls back in the ball pit on a regular basis.
  • Play food from Evan. We dump this out several times a day and play with his kitchen.

On the other hand - here are some Christmas gifts that unfortunately find themselves being ignored like Bert and Ernie...

  • Little People toys - these started out to be a big hit, but lately he hasn't been all that interested in them. I'll have to make more of an effort to pull these out.
  • Puzzles - still in the closet. These don't get played with very often either.
  • Keyboard - We thought this would be his favorite toy....he never touches it!
  • His drum - he still likes it, but it's definitely not as popular as it was in the beginning.

No comments: