Pages

Feb 27, 2010

More snow in New York

Remember when we had our first big snow here in New York and I wrote that at least I only had to deal with Shirley begging to go out and play in it? Gavin didn't seem to care.....he didn't know what the snow was all about. Well, that changed. We got a lot of snow Thursday night and Friday; like 16 inches. Jarrod was off, which was really nice, but every time he went out to let Shirley out or to shovel, Gavin cried to go out. He hasn't been feeling the greatest, so going out to play in the snow probably wasn't the best idea, but twice we gave in.

The first time, Gavin was still in his PJs, throwing a fit while Jarrod went out to shovel and lay salt. So, I bundled him up and he walked with Jarrod to throw salt. Such a big helper.
But, he didn't want to come in....he stood here at the door until I picked him up and brought him in.

Then later in the day, Jarrod took Shirley out and again, Gavin wanted to join him. So, we bundled up again and went out for 10 minutes. There's a huge pile of snow from the parking lot that the plows made. When we first got Shirley back in '04 (man, that seems like a long time ago!) we had a big storm in Dayton and we had the same scenario - big pile of snow in our parking lot...Jarrod and Shirley climbed to the top and I took their picture. Jarrod decided to recreate that scene! Here they are climbing the pile.
Gavin wanted to join them....so I climbed up to hand him off and then of course, ran in to get my camera! :)


Thought this was cute of Shirley jumping through the snow to come in.

Hopefully the snow doesn't stay around for long....I'd love a clear parking lot to work in the garage and finish off the packing next week.

No comments: