We usually don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. But, with Jarrod getting this new job, he'd been talking about a shirt from LL Bean, so I had my mom order if for him (so we could get free shipping with her card!) and Gavin and I made him a card. He kept talking about all this all other stuff he wanted to buy so I joked with him that I was returning his Valentine gift that I got him.
Last night he called when he left work and this is how our conversation went.
Him: "Do you have any extra Valentine gift bags laying around?"
Me: "Ummm....no."
Him: "Ok, I'll just use one of the boxes I'm bringing home to pack in and put your gifts in there."
Me: "Well, I didn't wrap your gift yet. I was going to give it to you tomorrow."
Him: "So, do you just want to trade gifts and say "Priiiiiise!" (Gavin's favorite word....a commonly heard phrase around here.)
I thought it was pretty funny. So, when Jarrod walked in, Gavin took him his package from LL Bean and said, "Priiiiise!" Jarrod took my gifts out of the cardboard boxes one at a time. He bought me an 80s Greatest Hits 3-Disc CD set for our looooong drive to Arkansas, a new cookbook, and a box of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies. Yummy! Gavin and I took care of the cookies last night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment