Pages

Mar 2, 2010

A milestone I don't know if I should be proud of...

Gavin's sleep schedule hasn't been the best since we traveled to Arkansas. He's been getting up earlier than normal, which I think is because of the time change there. Yesterday was no different - he was up by 6:15. By 10, I could tell he was tired, as was I....Jarrod and I both had a touch of a stomach bug or food poisoning and didn't sleep much the night before. So, I took Gavin in, read him his book, rocked him and sang, and in his crib he went for his nap. I came back out and realized I'd missed a call from my dad. After calling him, I had to call the bank. I was on hold for them when I heard a noise - it sounded like Gavin was dropping his trains behind his crib, which is normal. Then I heard another noise and thought I'd grab the monitor to check on him. While still on hold, I started back toward my bedroom to get the monitor. Just as I turned the corner, there was Gavin, walking down the hall toward me.... ?!?!?!?

He was holding his arm, almost like he'd hurt it, but he had the straightest face and just looked at me as he walked by me. I have no idea exactly how he got out of the crib, but he did. Once I was finished with the bank, I told him he had to get back in his bed for a nap and he cried and cried and cried. I left the room and watched him cry on the monitor, kind of hoping he'd try it again so that I could see how he got out. But, he didn't....he eventually laid down and went back to sleep. No attempts at climbing out at bedtime, either. Hopefully it was a one time thing!

No comments: