I'm not sure I'm ready to admit this, but our baby boy is growing up! You've heard that he's started climbing out of his crib. He's only gotten out once, but I've watched him attempt it several more times. So, Jarrod finally convinced me to change him to a big boy bed. I was worried that adjusting to a new house would be hard enough for him and I didn't want to throw a new bed into the mix as well. But, I was finally convinced that if it's going to be a big adjustment, we might as well get it all over with at once!
So, when we get to Bentonville, we're going to go out and buy him a twin bed. After talking to other moms, I decided we'd bypass the toddler bed. His crib does convert into a toddler bed, but I don't think it's fair to him to get him used to it and then take it away when we need it for another baby (no....I'm not pregnant. Just thinking ahead....) And even though toddler beds are cute, they just don't get used for long and it made more sense to us to just go to a twin bed.
After searching a lot, we ordered his bedding last night. I liked a lot that I found that were just 'train' related. One set was really cute with cars, trucks, and trains. But, Jarrod really wanted it to be Thomas. Gavin is soooo obsessed with Thomas these days. He doesn't even call Shirley by her name but he knows Thomas, Edward, Percy, and James. And when I showed this to Gavin, he got such a smile on his face.
It won't let me attach just the pictures, so this is what we ordered. If you click on the link, we got him the comforter, sheet set, an adorable 'cuddle' pillow (that I predict will replace Dog Dog), and the fleece throw. We probably don't need the fleece throw, but I loved how it said "Ready, Set, Go!" since Gavin says that a lot.
http://www.target.com/Thomas-Train-Sheet-Set-Twin/dp/B000UU5IYS/ref=in_de_detail-item-display
I've been talking to him about his 'big boy bed' a lot and tell him when we get to the new house, he'll have a big boy bed to sleep in with choo choos! He just smiles, but I don't think he quite gets it. It will probably make for a stressful week full of changes, but fingers crossed that I'm wrong! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment