Jarrod got up with Gavin and let me stay in bed. I was miserable with my allergies so even though I'm sure it was because it was Mother's Day, I'm so glad he let me lay there with my eyes closed a little longer. Then, the tears started.
I cried 4 times on Mother's Day. First, Jarrod brought my coffee and my present into bed. He gave me the sweetest card that made me cry. Jarrod is NOT a card person, so the fact that I not only got one, but that he wrote in it what an amazing mom and wife I am, I couldn't help but cry! He got me some amazing skincare products from Aveda. This may not seem like a super sweet gift, but I am constantly complaining about my skin, so it was really thoughtful of him to find something that would hopefully make me feel better about my skin (though I'm not too happy with the cost of it!!!) Then, I got a text message from my own mom that made me cry for the second time. It's amazing what just a few simple words can do to me!
I eventually got up and even though it was my special day, I made my favorite boys pancakes. In the process of making them, I knocked a full glass bottle of olive oil out of the cabinet and broken glass went everywhere. That's why I cried for the third time....I got a piece of glass in my finger. No fun!!! It still hurts, so I think there's still glass in it...
After I got out of the shower, Gavin gave me his card. That was the last thing to make me cry. This is my third Mother's Day, but it's the first time I've gotten a card "from Gavin." It's adorable and Jarrod sat with him to let him color it with markers. Such a special card that I will always cherish!
The rest of the day was great. I took Gavin on a bike ride, then we both napped. Jarrod let me continue to nap while they had some fun in the backyard. We eventually got ready and headed to a new restaurant for dinner. We tried a place called 'Mama Fu's' and it was so yummy! It tasted a lot like PF Chang's but wasn't nearly as expensive. And the best part - we showed up to learn that moms ate free for Mother's Day! What a nice surprise! Gavin and split a piece of chocolate cake for dessert (my new diet started yesterday....). After I finished putting Gavin to bed, I came out to a nice glass of wine waiting for me (and 2 hours worth of ironing, but that was my fault for putting it off for so long!) It was a great day with my husband and special little boy! I am so lucky!

No comments:
Post a Comment