On Sunday (the 25th) we planned to do presents and cake. We were only half successful. I had this vision in my head of a train cake for Gavin. It was going to be so cute! I bought all kinds of stuff. It was going to be 5 small train cars. One car hauling its freight (M&Ms) and another hauling animals (animal crackers). The middle car was going to have the number 2 candle....it was going to be adorable! Well, I failed miserably at my first cake-making experience. So, we did presents that day, but decided to just buy a cake to have on his actual birthday.
Since most of Gavin's gifts this year were big gifts, there wasn't a ton to open. He got lots of books from Mommy, Daddy, Tyler and Briana, and an outfit from Memaw. I just realized while typing this I didn't take pictures of any of the big gifts. We'll have to do that another time! He was much better this year at opening presents, and now will randomly ask, "Open presents?" :)
On his actual birthday, I made him a birthday breakfast of pancakes in the shape of the number 2, which he immediately shouted, "SNAKE!" when he saw the first one. Guess he didn't understand the correlation. :) Maybe the '3' pancake next year will go over better.
No comments:
Post a Comment