Again, I can't take credit for these ideas....I got them from Little Learners Lounge and No Time for Flashcards. I also found a small pack of dinosaurs at the dollar store that we used. He made footprints in playdough with them and we sorted them by color. After the week, he now knows the following dinosaurs: Stegosaurus (he says "saurus spikes"), T-Rex, Triceratops (he calls it "tops") and Teranadon (which he learned from Dinosaur Train on PBS. He's so smart! :)
May 17, 2010
Dino-mite!
We finished up Dinosaur week here at our house. The green stegosaurus I posted the beginning picture of turned out cute, but it looks more like a porcupine to me. :)
We worked on another stegosaurus the next day. I traced Gavin's hand and made 3 handprints on one paper and drew the outline of a dinosaur on the next. Then, I let Gavin paint it using a dishwashing brush. I thought it was creative....giving him another tool to use to paint.
He disagreed - he cried and kept saying, 'No brush!' so I eventually gave in and let him have regular paintbrushes. (Apparently he just didn't like that brush because he painted over the weekend with q-tips just fine!)
This is what the two pages looked like....then I cut out the dinosaur and the handprints and glued them to make the stegosaurus! I love how it turned out. :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment